Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A New Found Focus...


           Deciding to get my bachelors degree in Public Relations was not a hard decision to make for myself during my sophomore year at QU. Everything moved so quickly, I took an introduction class, a few weeks later decided to make PR my major, and now I’m blogging about a possible career path to take when I graduate in less than two short years.
            Just like my decision to go into PR, my decision on what to write about for my PR Research class was just as simple. I had decided to write about Advertising and Public Relations, and how they are intertwined.
            I came to this decision for many reasons, but the main one was that I interned for a local New Jersey radio station in their promotions department, which had to do with a lot of PR and marketing. After that internship, I had decided that this could be something that I would want to pursue as a career.
            Over the course of this blog I want to try and explore the ins and outs of PR and Advertising, how they are alike and how they are different, and the different struggles that come out of combining the two.  Over the course of this blog I would like to talk about the many types of research that goes into the advertising side of PR, and how much it actually differs from public relations. These next eleven weeks should teach me a lot…

No comments:

Post a Comment